Summer vacations are on, schools are closed and perhaps some of us feel that this is a lull period for DSF but you may be in for a surprise! The vacation is the time we use for all our preparations and background activities to get set for the next academic year.
Here is an update on our ongoing activities that urgently need volunteer involvement in the coming weeks. Most of these are very creative and ingenious options without any particular time and place constraints. If any of these sound interesting to you, please mail me or leave a comment on this post if we already have your mail ID, to help get in touch with the other co-ordinators
1. NBD ++ - Our Note Book Drive is all set to go. We require help for co-ordination of collection of funds and distribution of books. Contact - Vinay
2. Weekend summer camps held at Ulsoor, Airport Rd. and RT Nagar schools. Contact Vinay for Ulsoor, Akash for Airport Road and Sunand for RT Nagar Schools.
3. English Vocabulary Module was piloted at the Malleswaram School last year. To implement it on a larger scale next year, module needs to be refined further - volunteer help required. Creative, innovative minds invited. Contact - Megha
4. Pygmalion Content Development - We are exploring / experimenting with the idea of using short films as part of this package to improve English and convey important messages to children through this medium. Need volunteers to help with the various aspects of film-making. Contact - Abhishek.
5. The Math drill test papers for standard 5, 6 and 7. Help required to design tests and content for the Maths sessions. Contact - Dinesh
6 . The Civic and Environmental awareness - skits and content needs to be developed. Contact - Avinash